Final Edition: Urban Botany

Development, Local Universe, Projects, Sketchbook, Visual Research

After various amounts of testing in order to see how my idea for my edition would work, I felt ready to begin making the final versions of my edition. This included making and testing how the final linocut plants (pictured below) would look and also assembling the pop up and making a relevant cover with a suitable title for the piece. I settled on Urban Botany as a title since

Advertisements

The London Illustration Fair 2015

Creative Industry Practice, Visits, Visual Research

As I was too preoccupied with making my edition, I didn’t have a chance to make it to The London Illustration Fair yesterday afternoon but got so excited by some of the things other students in my studio came back with. Super cool business cards, awesome zines …I decided I had to go

Lino Printing for My Edition

Development, Local Universe, Projects, Sketchbook, Visual Research

Following my experimentation with drawing the plants and weeds in ink, varying the thickness of line and colour, I thought my drawings would translate well into the medium of print