Thinking about what I wanted my poster to be expressing as well as thinking about the method of print (and considering my research), I quickly decided on making a poster about how the local universe is “The Unseen Jungle” and the nature is slowly taking over the area. To help me get all my ideas out of my head and begin to develop an idea to transfer onto lino, I did a few quick sketchy pen drawings to get an idea of how I want to fill the frame.
I then picked from the ideas generated which two were my favourite and I was aimed at having one very clean graphic poster and the other more detailed and illustrative. From this, I began to draw, reusing my collection of photographs of the weed and plants in the local universe, along with three new ones of blossoming daffodils I noticed.
Ultimately, the final print would have to be in one of the methods stated on the brief (screen print, relief, risograph etc) but as I am slightly unsure as to what method of print I want to use (despite having linocut in mind at this moment in time) I am finding it easier to just draw my ideas out in pen trying to be mindful of the balance of positive and negative space that may affect the print.