The City Meets Its Nature
Realising I had my specimens of nature from the city, I saw that they lacked context of the urban environment which is what I specified in my brief. Thus I thought to go about collecting sounds of the surrounding space, which is vibrant and bustling with the life of the city’s inhabitants.
Turning my Research into a Piece of Moving Image
Having finished my boxset of mini-prints, I realised I had only really used material created by myself, thus didn’t include any of my initial research photography and film. I then thought about whether I could create a piece of film that is a montage of the visuals I collected that I could play out as if it were a manifestation of my memory of the second hand shop- almost drawing on the effect of the earlier tracing paper layered experiments.
Mini-prints and Boxes
After deciding my typographic experiments weren’t going to work in the form of a publication, despite being contained within the frame of the pages, I began thinking about how such a small shop contained so many objects. This made me think back to the first ever derive in the second hand shop and the souvenirs I picked up that could be used to help me pull the project together as a final piece.
Creating An Abstract Animation
Having experimented with the idea of compiling all my research and experimentation for my piece of moving image and deciding it wasn’t necessarily the most considered or well put together outcome, I decided to work towards a different outcome. An animated outcome
Turning My Sketches Into a Process Book
As I decided that I wanted to make a publication to fulfil the process book/film element, I thought it best to a good idea to create a reflection of my visual exploration throughout the brief by representing my sketches and creating a zine that is an extension or compilation from my sketchbook
Developing My Final Poster
The poster was a mandatory outcome for everyone in the studio as each poster was to be put together in a box as an alternative to a collective publication. In order to keep it consistent, each poster was to be riso printed and have the same text that details the universities involved as well, as the texts studied