Fleshing Out My Composition with Adobe Comp for iPad Pro
Having selected my idea, I scanned selected sketchbook spreads, picking pages that had a likeness in illustrations so that my posters would have some continuity and the narrative across the three would be evident. I then proceeded to mock up my ideas using Adobe Comp on my iPad Pro (see below), so that anything I design that I thought worked well in terms of composition, could be directly sent to InDesign, in order to be set properly with grids, layers, and kerning and tracking.
Drawing Out my Initial Poster Ideas
Before working with images directly from my sketchbook, I scribbled three possible composition ideas as a guide so I didn’t feel like I was just making it up as I was going along and that creating a more developed mock up in Adobe Composition would be less time consuming. The process of doing this was helpful in getting me to visualise how my idea would fit to the final poster format, which isn’t something I had really considered in great detail beforehand.
Working with Imagery from My Own Creative Process
Looking at the ways in which other sketchbooks are presented made me think about how best to present my own creative exploration/ process; in terms of the illustration of different materials in many of the publications I looked at, as well as the inclusion of rough sketchbook notes – which is appealing because they feel authentically created.
Planning My Final Major Project
I’ve long since had an obsession with natural forms, most specifically plants just because of how strange and unusual they are. It is from this I decided almost straight away to use my final major project as an opportunity to explore my fascination with nature in this way
Creating An Abstract Animation
Having experimented with the idea of compiling all my research and experimentation for my piece of moving image and deciding it wasn’t necessarily the most considered or well put together outcome, I decided to work towards a different outcome. An animated outcome
Working Towards a Moving Image Outcome
Moving image of any kind is my idea of a nightmare. Mostly because my creative ideas never stem into the realm of moving image or even dabbling in adobe premiere pro. Therefore I knew this part of the studio brief would be particularly challenging for me thus I vowed to keep it simple
Ideas for Collating Work for Final Outcomes
As the overall brief for the studio involved three different outcomes, I realised that it was time to start thinking about how to pull my ideas together towards this
As my animation needs to be based on an existing narrative and not one made up by me, I decided to research a new topic but still something
As editorial illustration briefs are often quite short briefs, with the intention of being done with immediacy, we were given a workshop by Rachel Gannon which involved making and using textured/painted surfaces in order to collage and produce a number of images quickly. I usually disregard collage as a technique because